How Can I Win A PR Tender?
How can I increase my success bidding for a PR tender?
Are you wondering how you can win a PR tender? If you’ve never tendered before, you may have some questions about the tendering process and what to include.
4 things to expect from a PR tender
The contents of the PR tender will depend on the needs of the buyer. Each tender will be different and because of this, we will detail what is generally required and expected.
Provide an outline of a PR plan
When you are responding to a PR tender, you will likely have to provide an outline of a PR plan. You should be prepared to detail how you will provide PR services for the contract you’re applying for.
Pay attention to what is noted in the tender documents. They will likely note specifics and objectives that the buyer wants to achieve from this contract. Read them carefully and demonstrate your understanding in your answers. You’d be surprised how many businesses don’t do this.
Propose a working methodology
Along with the PR plan, you will often need to propose a working methodology. This could be inbound or outbound. This can include, but isn’t limited to the following:
- Content strategy
- Content bank
- Content distribution
- Web content
- Content measurement.
The PR methodology will vary depending on the needs of the buyer and the project at hand. This is a great time to demonstrate your expertise in PR and your knowledge.
Explain why your organisation is best suited to the project
For any PR tender, you want to persuade the buyer that you’re the best for the job. For this, backing up what you’re saying with facts. You could include any awards that your agency has won. Hard statistics and facts really help drive your point home.
Other metrics for reiterating why your company is the best choice, is by mentioning credentials and skills. Did anyone on the project study this at university? How many years of experience do you have collectively? Does anyone specialise in a certain area of PR? Including information like this can really strengthen your PR tender.
Your experience will have a part to play in your PR tender response. For a PR tender, you will need to detail up to three case studies. Ideally, these contract examples will be similar in scope, style and complexity to the tender you’re applying for. Remember to keep in relevant demonstrating your skills. Including how you overcame any unexpected challenges is always a plus. This will convey flexibility and problem-solving giving the buyer confidence in your capabilities.
Outline of reporting methods
Consider the reporting methods that you’re going to use during the contract. These will likely be classic PR reporting methods over a specific period. For example:
- Website traffic
- Volume of mentions
- Social media engagement
- Website views by demographics, device and region.
You should have a better idea of what’s required for a PR tender now. Reading the tender documents can help you gain a better understanding of what the buyer wants. You can expect to include a PR plan and working methodology.
Demonstrating your experience is essential and remember to keep it relevant. Be persuasive in your responses and explain why your company is best for the job.
DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH DIGITAL MARKETING TENDERS?
You don’t always have the time or resources to write a winning response in house. Outsourcing to bid writing experts can help. Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, offer four levels of bid writing support. They boast an 87% success rate and have over 60 years of bid writing experience. The services on offer include:
NEED HELP SOURCING PR TENDERS? WE CAN HELP!
Running your own business takes up a lot of your time. The last thing you want to be doing is trawling hundreds of websites searching for digital marketing tenders. Most websites post multi-industry opportunities and filtering them with CPV codes can produce unreliable results. Luckily for you, we have a solution.
Creative Tenders is an easy-to-navigate, centralised portal hosting live creative tender opportunities from across the UK.
Below are 5 past examples of PR tenders sourced on our portal:
SLaM ST21 – P150 PR Support
South London and Maudsley’ NHS Foundation Trust – London Budget: £40,000
Single Party Framework for European PR Agency Services
IDA Ireland – Republic of Ireland Budget: £700,000
Admittance to a Panel for Supply of Brand & Marketing Services and/or PR Agency Services
Yorkshire Water Services Limited – Yorkshire and Humber Budget: £7.5million
Climate and Nature Communications Plan and Delivery
Herefordshire Council – West Midlands Budget: £150,000
PR & Marketing Campaign
Glenville Walker and Partners (“GWP”) – North West Budget: £7,000
A SUBSCRIPTION TO CREATIVE TENDERS CAN OFFER YOUR BUSINESS:
- Access to all exclusive, public and private sector creative contracts in the UK.
- An on-hand Account Manager is available to answer any questions you may have about tenders for design work. They can help you understand the procurement process and answer any questions you have about the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin is sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20-minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
WE SOURCE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SECTORS INCLUDING;
- Events Management
- Digital Services
- Graphic Design
- Video Production and many more.
Book a free live demo with Creative Tenders to see how we can help your business grow
WANT TO SAVE EVEN MORE TIME?
Upgrading to Discover Elite allows you to optimise your tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two upgraded packages can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each can help save you even more time when searching for tenders for design work.
THE ULTIMATE TIME SAVER PACKAGE OFFERS YOUR BUSINESS:
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option can help businesses that overlap two industries such as Creative and Technology, for example.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices are monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management, including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid
- Weekly phone calls with your dedicated Account Manager to discuss viable creative tendering opportunities.
THE BECOME A PRE-BID MASTER PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
You Might Also Like
- How to Win Digital Marketing Tenders
- 3 Things to Consider from Event Management Contracts
- 3 Things to Expect from Public Affairs Tenders
- What is Required for a Video and Film Tender?
- 7 Things to Expect When you Tender for Design Work
- 3 Things to Note When Applying for BBC Tenders
- Opportunities for Creative Contracts UK
- £500million Scheme Opens for the Film and TV industry
- Tendering Portals – Reimagined
- PR Consultancy Contract Exclusive to Creative Tenders