What is Required for a Video and Film Tender?
Video and film tenders explained
If you’re in the creative industry, you may be wondering what’s required for a video or film tender. Tendering is a viable business stem to consider going down if you’re wanting to grow your business. However, the world of tendering and procurement can be a confusing one.
Luckily for you, we’re experts in tendering and bid writing. This blog will contain some useful information on what’s required for a video or film tender and what to expect.
A split between quality, cost and social value
The quality section of a video or film tender will often be weighted higher than the cost. The quality section of the tender is where you can respond to their requirements and questions. You need to persuade the buyer why you’re the best business for the job. What are your unique selling points? Here, you want to demonstrate your capabilities and detail how you will exceed delivering the contract.
You want to ensure that you keep your pricing competitive. However, you don’t want to undercut your competitors by too much. This could be a red flag to buyers if you price your services too low. What’s more, is that you don’t want to promise you can do the job then go over budget. The buyer won’t be best pleased, as I’m sure you can imagine!
Social value is a compulsory component when tendering in the public sector. There is a minimum weighting of 10%, but sometimes it can be as high as 30%. This means it is not something to gloss over. The promises you make within the social value section (and your tender response in general) are contractually binding. This means you should be making promises you can keep.
Your social value response should have a focus on the social, environmental, and economic aspects of the contract. It’s always worth doing some research on the buyer. This will enable you to align your social value promises to theirs.
Skills and Experience
Often the specification will detail the skills and experience expected. This could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Experience turning complex information into engaging and memorable video content
- Experience in conducting filmed interviews
- Knowledge and experience of audio, lighting and filming techniques
- Skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe CC etc
- Experience in animated video content
- Knowledge of live streaming on sites such as YouTube and Facebook
The specifics related to the video or film tender you are applying for will be detailed in that specification. Each buyer will be requiring something different, so it’s important to read the tender documents thoroughly.
Be expected to give a presentation
Once you have passed the initial tender stage (stage 1), you will likely be asked to do a presentation. Here, it is often expected for you to provide a showreel of your previous work. This will be marked in accordance with an interview. The interviewers will then score the presentation and add this to the interview score. This will then be combined for a total score for the stage 2 evaluation.
Need assistance when writing your next video or film tender?
You don’t always have the time or resources to write a winning response in house. Outsourcing to bid writing experts can help. Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, offer four levels of bid writing support. They boast an 87% success rate and have over 60 years of bid writing experience. The services on offer include:
Where can I find video and film tenders?
Finding the right tender for your business can take time. You already have enough on your plate. Luckily for you, we have a time-saving tool that can help you find the right tender for your business.
Our Opportunity Trackers manually search and upload private and public sector opportunities. You’re able to filter the results by keyword, budget, location and more! This streamlines the process when searching for video or film tenders.
Below are previous video and film tenders sourced on our portal:
GB-London: BTA1402 – Broadcast Agency
British Tourist Authority- London- Budget: £50,000
KS3 English – Video brief April 2021
BBC Bitesize- London- Budget: £90,000
The Good Business Festival – Videographers
Liverpool City Council- North West- Budget: Undisclosed
BBC Sport: Younger Audiences Short Form Commissioning Briefs April 2021 16 – 24 Year Olds
BBC Sport- North West- Budget: Undisclosed
Creation of unique works based on film and sound interviews
The National Library of Wales- Wales- Budget: Undisclosed
A SUBSCRIPTION TO CREATIVE TENDERS CAN OFFER YOUR BUSINESS:
- Access to all exclusive, public and private sector creative contracts in the UK.
- An on-hand Account Manager is available to answer any questions you may have about a video or film tender. They can help you understand the procurement process and answer any questions you have about the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20-minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
WE SOURCE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SECTORS INCLUDING;
- Events Management
- Digital Services
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & PR
- Video Production and many more.
Book a free live demo with Creative Tenders to see how we can help your business grow.
WANT TO SAVE EVEN MORE TIME?
Upgrading to Discover Elite allows you to optimise your tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two upgraded packages can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each can help save you even more time when searching for video and film tenders.
THE ULTIMATE TIME SAVER PACKAGE OFFERS YOUR BUSINESS:
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option can help businesses that overlap two industries such as Creative and Technology, for example.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management, including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid.
- Weekly phone calls with your dedicated Account Manager to discuss viable creative tendering opportunities.
THE BECOME A PRE-BID MASTER PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
You Might Also Like
- 3 Things to Expect from Public Affairs Tenders
- 7 Things to Expect When you Tender for Design Work
- 3 Things to Note When Applying for BBC Tenders
- Opportunities for Creative Contracts UK
- £500million Scheme Opens for the Film and TV industry
- Tendering Portals – Reimagined
- PR Consultancy Contract Exclusive to Creative Tenders
- GDPR CERTIFIED – Creative Tenders
- CREATIVE TENDERING OPPORTUNITIES – THE SOURCING PROCESS MADE EASY
- TENDERS & BUYER PRESENTATIONS – TOP 3 BENEFITS OF ATTENDING A SITE VISIT