3 Things to Consider from Event Management Contracts
What to Expect from Events Management Contracts
Knowing where to begin with event management contracts can be daunting and even overwhelming at times. Luckily, we are on hand to help!
We’ve put together a list of three things to consider when applying to events management contracts. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that every tender is different, and every buyer will have different requirements. It’s best to refer to the tender documents to see what exactly is required for your specific bid.
When tendering for contracts, you should always make sure you’re eligible to apply for an opportunity before progressing. Ensure you meet the economic financial standing. As a rule, you shouldn’t be going for contracts that are more than half your annual turnover.
What’s involved with events management contracts?
Some events management contracts may involve an end-to-end process. This could be including, but is not limited to, the following:
- Event creation
- Marketing and Communications
- Management of key contributors
- Post-event services
- Risk mitigation.
Interested suppliers are often asked to outline the event that they are responding to. This will likely need to include a risk register or assessment.
3 tips for writing winning responses to events management contracts
Proof of experience
Buyers will be expecting you to have a bank of experience of successful contracts. They will likely require you to detail up to three case studies within the last three to five years. These case studies should be similar in scope and style to the events management contracts you’re applying for.
It’s worth detailing how you overcame any unexpected challenges on these projects too. This will demonstrate your problem-solving skills and flexibility; both of which are essential in events management. This can help instil confidence in the buyer that you’re the best business for the contract.
Structure your response
A winning bid for events management contracts will be well structured using clear and concise language. This isn’t just formatting, it’s also other things such as sticking to the word count. You want to ensure that you’re writing as close to the word or page count as possible. They’re there for a reason.
In terms of formatting, using bullet points can help break up blocks of text. Subheadings can also help. Often questions will contain three questions within one question. A good way to ensure that you’ve answered every aspect is by breaking it down with subheadings. That way, it will be clear for both you and the buyer that you’ve covered all bases.
Just because the tender is pre-formatted doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Consider including your brand colours and logo in your proposal. This can help your response for events management contracts stand out from others.
Be united when it comes to company CVs
When you’re tendering for work, you may need to include company CVs. Putting forward uniformed CVs shows attention to detail. Imagine you’re the buyer and you’re faced with 10 CVs from a business that all look different. Then imagine you’re presented with 10 unformatted CVs – it will look a lot more professional.
Buyers often want to know will carry out each duty. Including a professional yet friendly-looking photo can be a nice touch. That way they can put a face to a name. Remember to include all the key and relevant information such as qualifications and their experience. This with further cement your capability.
So, now you know how to better your response to events management contracts. Demonstrating your proof of experience can build confidence in the buyer. Structuring your response can put you in the buyers’ good books.
NEED ASSISTANCE WRITING YOUR upcoming Events management contracts?
You don’t always have the time or resources to write a winning response in house. Outsourcing to bid writing experts can help. Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, offer four levels of bid writing support. They boast an 87% success rate and have over 60 years of bid writing experience. The services on offer include:
WHERE CAN I FIND events management contracts FOR MY BUSINESS?
Running your own business takes up a lot of your time. The last thing you want to be doing is trawling hundreds of websites searching for public affairs tenders. Most websites post multi-industry opportunities and filtering them with CPV codes can produce unreliable results. Luckily for you, we have a solution.
Creative Tenders is an easy-to-navigate, centralised portal hosting live creative tender opportunities from across the UK.
Below are previous public affairs tenders sourced on our portal:
Invitation To Tender for The Provision of Event, Production and Digital Media Support For The 4 Corners Festival 2022
4 Corners Festival- Northern Ireland- Budget: Undisclosed
Organisation Implementation and Management of Bolsover Town Centre Events Phase 2
Bolsover District Council- East Midlands- Budget: Undisclosed
Major Ceremonial Event
Transport for London- London- Budget: Undisclosed
Procurement of an Outdoor Events Management Service under the Ancient Connections Project
Pembrokeshire County Council- Wales- Budget: Undisclosed
QU523 – Christmas family event on Edgbaston Street (Birmingham City Centre)
Birmingham City Council- West Midlands- Budget: Undisclosed
A subscription to Creative Tenders offers your business:
- Access to all exclusive, private and public sector opportunities within the creative industry.
- A dedicated Account Manager on hand to answer any questions you may have about public affairs tenders. They can help you understand the procurement process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20 minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
WE SOURCE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SECTORS INCLUDING;
- Events Management
- Public Affairs
- Digital Services
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & PR
- Video Production and many more.
WANT TO SAVE EVEN MORE TIME?
Upgrading to Discover Elite allows you to optimise your tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two upgraded packages can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each can help save you even more time when searching for video and film tenders.
THE ULTIMATE TIME SAVER PACKAGE OFFERS YOUR BUSINESS:
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option can help businesses that overlap two industries such as Creative and Technology, for example.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices are monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management, including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid.
- Weekly phone calls with your dedicated Account Manager to discuss viable creative tendering opportunities.
THE BECOME A PRE-BID MASTER PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
You Might Also Like
- How Can I Win A PR Tender?
- How to Win Digital Marketing Tenders
- 3 Things to Expect from Public Affairs Tenders
- What is Required for a Video and Film Tender?
- 7 Things to Expect When you Tender for Design Work
- 3 Things to Note When Applying for BBC Tenders
- A Guide to the Bidding Process in Event Management
- Opportunities for Creative Contracts UK
- £500million Scheme Opens for the Film and TV industry
- Tendering Portals – Reimagined